Find
Notify
Tools

45gr hp bulk
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
waveFrom the Stevens mod. 200, .22-250 verious powder types and loads were put together and tested at 50 yds.

45gr. rnhp bulk. RP case. WLRM primers,2.306" oal.
  • a4350, 38.6gr. 3450fps., 6 shot 1/2" group 1 flyer 3/4" out
  • H380, 36.5gr. 3525fps. 3 shot 1/2" group 5 shot 3/4" group.
  • A4064, 35.3 gr. 3625fps., 5 shot 1/2" group 3 more shot about 3/4" out.
  • A73, 34.3 gr., 3700 fps 7 shot 1/2" group, 1 shot a 1/2" farther out.
  • A2015, 33.1gr. 3675 fps. 4 shot 1/2" group, and another 4 shot 1/2" group 1/2" away.

Note Bene:

No bullet powder combination was indicated to be far superior in this test.

The bullet might not be the best for the most serious minded varmint shooters but for the average, ecconomic, pleasure varminter it looks to be more than adequate. Keep in mind the Stevens is a light barreled hunting rifle and not technically of varminter qulity.No excuse just fact. BOOMroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    Hey Roger, How is the Trigger on that Stevens?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hot Core:
    Hey Roger, How is the Trigger on that Stevens?
    Frowner

After a little spring touch up and honing it was brought down from 7 lbs to 5 lbs. Could be a lot better but it really makes you concentrate in order to hold on target.Not at all bad for a hunting rifle. Having cut my teeth on and using military rifles all my life, I find it less objectionable than a lot of people. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I find it less objectionable than a lot of people.
    Big Grin Man-O-Man, that sure covers a lot of territory. Big Grin

I really don't mind 5# of Yank on a rifle being used in miserable cold weather(below 60deg) as long as the Sear releases crisp and clean.

Looks like some promising Loads to me. You got any plans to do some Killing with it anytime soon?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hot Core:
    quote:
    I find it less objectionable than a lot of people.
    Looks like some promising Loads to me. You got any plans to do some Killing with it anytime soon?

Not really.There seems to be a lot of killing around here lately, but most of it is two legged. hammeringroger

one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bartsche:
    ..There seems to be a lot of killing around here lately, but most of it is two legged...
    Have you moved to Louisville??? Eeker

Lots and LOTS of folks Testing Bullets on the locals. At first it was just the Drug Dealers knocking each other off, but now they are shooting so poorly that the women and children are catching bullets. Pitiful!