Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

350 Remington Magnum
 Login/Join

posted
Hello I'm new here and would like to say hello to all of the good folks here.

Last week I purchased a Remington 673 in 350 Remington Magnum and plan on reloading for it.

According to Hodgdons 2004 Annual Manual it says to use standard 9½ rifle primers, is this a misprint or

should I be using magnum primers?

I checked on their website and they no longer list the 350 and neither does the Lyman 48th Edition Reloading Handbook.

I am partial to Hodgdon powders as I have had great success with it in the past, does anyone have any updated pet loads for this caliber?

Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Waterville, Maine | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Different manuals will use different primers. You can use standard or magnum primers.

I know the speer manual uses all CCI primers. For the 350 it reccomends magnum primers for the ball powders.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a 30-06 capacity case, standard primers should work fine.

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I used Remington 9-1/2 primers in all the loads I worked-up. Didn't have any problems with any of the loads.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet sweet rifle.

The local shop had one in stock, and I got to fondle it once before someone else snatched it up - to the great relief of the Central California hog population and my credit card.

Posts: 117 | Location: MONTANA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
I've had good results with a 225 Gr. Nosler Partition on 56 grs of H4895. I used CCI lg. rifle standard primers. I have also used Speer 220 gr on 58 gr. of IMR 4320. Used Remington brass for all loads.
The 350's a great chambering.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies.

Posts: 5 | Location: Waterville, Maine | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speedo
For game bigger than deer I would use a 225 gr premium or a 250 grain bullet. The 350 is an under rated/misunder stood cartridge.
It should be much more popular than it is.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Speedo, be sure to check the mag box lenght if you plan on using 250 gr bullets. My gun is a Rem 700 and the box is too short to load the 250 grainers. Most stores won't take back bullets. Mad
I used the 225 Noslers with great success in Zim last year. I had better results on Zebra, Wildebeast and Warthog than my 375 H&H with 300 grain Barnes X on the previous trip.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anybody some experience with the 225grsWoodleigh in the .350RM (Rem.673)?

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote