Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder thrower for RS-76?
 Login/Join

posted
While reloading this morning I used some new, to me, Reload Swiss 76 powder and unfortunately for me my Lee Perfect powder thrower did not throw it cleanly at all. After doing the 15 trial loads I needed by hand with RS-76, I went back to using RS-60, this meters perfectly through the Lee powder thrower. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so how did you overcome it? By the by, I am a Yorkshireman by birth so hugely expensive electronic powder throwers are not the answer for me! Kind regards, FT.

Posts: 2 | Location: Deepest Worcestershire | Registered: 16 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unfortunately the answer that's not for you is the answer to using powders that don't cooperate through 10 dollar lee measures.

fortunately there is the option B. which you followed and you dump and shake on the scale until it balances.

shrug.
or option C. don't use stick powders.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lee Perfect powder thrower

With extruded powders when I used a powder thrower I would set the throw light and use a trickler to to finish the throw to weight

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
quote:
Lee Perfect powder thrower

With extruded powders when I used a powder thrower I would set the throw light and use a trickler to to finish the throw to weight

Problem solved .

Posts: 77 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 08 September 2020Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Setting the powder thrower light isn't necessary, it will not throw anywhere near a even a half load of RS-76. I resorted to a lee scoop and powder trickler. Which is fine, for 15 cartridges, not so hot when I want to load 100, or more.

FT

Posts: 2 | Location: Deepest Worcestershire | Registered: 16 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's when the button push comes in handy.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote