New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Mag. load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'v lately been working up some loads for my Rem. M700 7mm this year for the Pa season on Bear and whitetail. So far, i have come up with...60gr. H4831, Rem. 9.5primers,Sierra 175 SBT, and mixed brass.

I am not satisfied with the groups. I am putting the first 2 within .5 of eachother, and then the third is always about 2-2.5in. away. I can not figure this out at all...i have tried some RL22 with 62.gr. and it does about the same.

Any comments or suggestions on loads to try would be greatly appreciated. Also what is u reloaders oppinions on the Sierra SBT for whitetail, and Blck Bear on short range shots....say 150yds

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Check your bedding...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Like Steve said check bedding. Then forget about the mixed brass thing. Some brass are heavier (less capacity) than others that can actually return a velocity of 100-150 fps more than the lighter brass. You do not expect decent accuracy when your standard of deviation/extreme spread is that high...do you?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<FAINA>
posted
Hi redneck,
to load good ammo you need at first hi quality powder, bullets, ecc. Your powder is ok, your bullets also but you can't load serious ammo with mixed brass. Outside all brass are the same, not so inside, this is the reason why the same load works a bit different and you can't find accuracy that you need. [Cool]
Buy some NEW brass and a good reloading book and start to load.
p.s. 175g Sierra are very good for all deer and black bear
ciao
FAINA