Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! Need reloading data
 Login/Join

<LAZARUS LYNCH>
posted
Hi all,
I need to know the reloading data for a 230 grain FMJ bullet for Winchester 231 powder for a Ruger Vaquero 45 long colt. Thanks in advance for your help.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Have you even thought about buying a reloading manual?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Sooner>
posted
Hello Lazarus Lynch, first off welcome to the forum, you'll find more knowledge here than you ever imagined.

Standard pressure loads using 231 powder:
7.5 grs = 804 fps
8.3 grs = 870 fps

High pressure loads (safe in your vaguero)
9.5grs = 1011 fps
10.5 = 1127 fps

These are per the Speer manual.
Hope this helps

Sooner

<LAZARUS LYNCH>
posted
Hi Sooner,
First of all thank you for the information. I looked in BOTH of my reloading manuals and found nothing for win 231 powder in that bullet size. I am glad you posted your reply because if i had to go by the first gentlemans reply i would have gotten the impression that this forum isnt very friendly.. I am glad to see that isnt the case. Thank you again.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know what two manuals you have, but the info is in the Speer manual, the Hodgdon manual, and on my reloading data pages...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LAZARUS LYNCH: Welcome to the forum.

Some might have a bad hair day- or own stock in the all the reloading data books. Either way it's like water off a duck's back.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<LAZARUS LYNCH>
posted
Hi Aladin,
I agree completely and i would just like to say hi to everyone and i am happy to be apart of this forum.

<Paul Dustin>
posted
HI Lazarus Lynch welcome to the forum. SOME people need to go back and read the first page of this forum. We are here to help if we can. You will find more knowledge here on this forum. Here a load I use

Bullet Remington 230gr
Powder WW296 25.3gr
Primer CCI 350
Case Win
OAL 1.723
This is a hot load