Find
Notify
Tools

7x66 SZEVH info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi to all.
Does anybody have some real information about which velocity is obtainable in this cartridge and with what powders ?.
I am trying to develope a load for a Mauser 66 in this caliber with bullets of around 160 grs .
Thanks to all the answers
Gtrotz

Posts: 102 | Location: Catrilo La Pampa-Argentina | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alf:
I really am surprised with your info, I never suspect that it could be two diameters in the 7 mm bullets.
What hapend in my case is that the 160 gr Sierra Gameking with which I obtain 3080 fps did it razonably well in accuracy, but I will start trying again with other bullets including some European I have ,and see what happends
Thanks a lot for your info,send me your loadings if it is possible.
Gtrotz

Posts: 102 | Location: Catrilo La Pampa-Argentina | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My RWS reloading manual gives a maximum velocity of 2985 fps with a 162 grains bullet. Highest velocity is obtained with some 71 grains of R905 the slowest Rottweil powder available.
For the 7mm Rem Mag this manual gives even a slightly higher velocity using the same bullets and some 9% less of the same powder. According to the manual the maximum pressure for both calibres is 3800 bar.
Hope this is of any help.

Posts: 98 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Argentina is not very easy to get German bullets ,so I have to go on trying with Sierra's ,Hornady's etc , witch I respect because great part of my hunt is done with them.
Also here is very common the 7,65 Argentine and we have a lot of them with the bore wasted , in them we use bullets of .311, .312, or .313 of diameter and see with witch of them they concentrate beter.
Thank's again for your time and experience.
Sincerely yours
Gtrotz