THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Reverse engineering Remington Managed Recoil loads

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Reverse engineering Remington Managed Recoil loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Forgot to mention that this is a .270 Win.

Managed Recoil is a Remington light load offering. From what I could tell, it took the recoil of a .270 down to about that of a .243 or less.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is a "managed recoil" load?

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fn...Offhand about how many feet per second are you getting from that load?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I disassembled one of the Remington rounds and as I remember it there was 42.5 grains of some long grained, real skinny stick powder.

Bullet when sectioned fit the profile of the Hornady SSP bullet but had a cannelure (Hornady's regular 130 rifle bullet??).

I used Seafire's Blue Dot loads he developed for 150 grain bullet and stopped before the max to make my reduced recoil rounds.

Remington old 125 PSP Core-lokt and Hornady 130 SSP were the most accurate and Nosler 125 BT was third but still plenty accurate for 100-200 shooting!

I did not chrono the load yet, but am guessing about 2400 fps.

Luckily the load I scaled the to shoot in my 7.7X58 Type 99 worked well (barrel will shoot with 0.308 bullets) and the comparable load (based on case capacity)is most accurate in both guns.

Brass seemed important for some reason the Federal brass was MUCH more accurate than Winchester in the 06 loads!

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote