New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader you can make
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I made a reloader to use while I travel around and for neck sizer only for shells fired in bolt action rifles. These parts are all made using a mini lathe and mini mill. The powder measure and dispenser is very accurate and the balance beam us good to 1/10 of a grs. Newton made this type of hand press around 1908. I have never seen one , so I went by pictures in articles written years ago. Some changes were made and here is the results. I will post the pictures in the following pages so the size of the pictures are large enough to see.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is some of the parts in this box 8X4X3 in. included the weight I hand file to be down to 1/10 of a gr and checked with another scale.

More pictures to follow

one of us
posted Hide Post
This was a reloader that I made in 1989 when I had a back problem and had time to think about what I wanted to make so I wouldn't have to have all the RCBS tools with me. The accurate loading is the best that I ever had with groups in the last 204 Ruger down to .250 in. at 100 yds with 5 shots. If you need something to do while waiting for the conv19 to go away I could use some thoughts of how to make a bullet puller to use with my tool, ????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir, I salute your ingenuity and craftsmanship. Always a treat to see what you post.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the problem with pulling a bullet is the action is the exact opposite of seating a bullet.

I'm sure you could make a collet to replace the seater portion.
one with a threaded exterior and a collar to tighten down on the bullet itself.
even if you had to make one with holes and a handle to tighten everything down.

but I don't think the handle will have the necessary leverage to pull the bullet from the case.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking of something similar as you mentioned. The bullet puller collet would work and now I will need to find the most tork area with the lever handle. This setup is good to take to the range if you want to play around working up a load from your car seat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is my powder measure. The smaller insert has a .250 dia hole with a matching rod for small powder charges up to about 40 grs. The larger body has a .375 dia. hole and can weight about 75 grs of powder. My balance beam pan with hold about 100 grs of powder.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This reloader kit, weight is 2 lbs and I have had people ask me to make them a kit for a few caliber rifles. It would cost too much and the amount of time would be lots of hours.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the only way it could be efficiently done as a one man operation is to set up and make 100 pieces then go to the next part...etc.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the only way it could be efficiently done as a one man operation is to set up and make 100 pieces then go to the next part...etc.

I made a seater, I shared the ideal/concept with one person, he shopped it around, most though it should have been more complicated. It does not have a die body. It is a seater and nothing else. I filled a can and then put the can in storage due to the lack of interest. It works better than any seater I have. My favorite is the Lyman 7MM universal.

F. Guffey

Posts: 453 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With Quote