THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Star Machine Works - why did they go out of biz?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Machine Works - why did they go out of biz?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted
Everyone that has one seems to like their machine. So why did they go out of business?

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
while the star worked ok it was quite expensive and usually only good for one caliber with more expense to do another. Just got to be to much $$

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello The factory was never able to keep up with demand In their hey day, and then other people started making progressive presses. I have been loading on mine for over 30 years and you can change calibers in 5 minutes if you have an extra set up tool head. I think they are better then any other press as all parts are steel with the exception of the brass parts that store/ move the primers /powder as brass is none sparking. The dillon is a "copy of some of the star idea's and at one time there was talk of a law suit dillion has great customer service but their presses break parts more often . and are IMHO they are larger then needed if you are just loading pistols. There are a number of places to buy parts and I buy and sell setup machines for bullseye shooters.