Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Rapid Polish 290
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
I've never used polish in my media in the past, but picked up a bottle of this stuff today. If I use this stuff, do I have to clean the brass after tumbling?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Antlers
Just add 2 or three caps full or the equivilent of 290, add your cases and tumble. When they come out they shine. Clean out the flash holes and you are ready to go.(as far as case looks) The next time you may not have to add 290, it stays on your media. It speed up the polishing process.

Glenn

Posts: 70 | Location: Ok. | Registered: 29 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
How far does a bottle go? I'm thinking of ordering some. I load around 150 to 200 30 06 size cases a week. I just picked up a 50 lbs bag of crushed walnut and I'm just wondering how many bottles to order to get me through a couple of months?

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the Dillon polish but now use a small ammount of liquid car wax for the same results. On other boards I have seen some home brews, all say the same "just make sure what you add does not contain ammonia"

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Roy Richardson
posted Hide Post
Big GrinBoilerroom,

I have only used Dillon Rapidpolish, and heard of it being used in corn cob media. I don't know if it will soak into walnut media.

I have some walnut media that has some jeweler's rouge mixed into it, but I am not liking it very much. It leaves a film on the brass that I need to clean off before I load it, or it gums up the resizing die

"Its shootin' time somewhere!

Posts: 22 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 02 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boilerroom, I use the 290 and 3 capfuls will do a couple of loads for me of about 75 cases, twice. So I guess there would be about 35 capfuls or so in a bottle (just guessing) so that would be 12 or so groups of 300 cases--so thats my math--It does seem to polish them up a bit better, and I don't change my media quite as often either, so it has a dual benefit for me.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roy Richardson:
Big GrinBoilerroom,

I have only used Dillon Rapidpolish, and heard of it being used in corn cob media. I don't know if it will soak into walnut media.

I have some walnut media that has some jeweler's rouge mixed into it, but I am not liking it very much. It leaves a film on the brass that I need to clean off before I load it, or it gums up the resizing die

I just bought 50 lbs of walnut off a fellow who swears by this polish. Says its way quicker than the rouge.

Fish...Thanks. thumb

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote