New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fireforming with nickel brass???
 Login/Join

<Qu�bec>
posted
First thank all of you who take time to answer me about fireforming 375 H&H to 375 wby. That's really work. I just came back from bear hunting (And the bear never know i made some fireforming on him)Nice bear 50 yards broadside. I used 300 grains nosler partition. He drop right there.

Now My question is. Is it a good thing to use nickel ammo to fireform or i'ts bad?

And what's about reloading with that kind of brass

Thank

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
I've fireformed a couple different calbers with nickel plated brass without a problem. You'll be OK

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I fireformed 375 Ackley Improved cases from Remington Safari 375 H&H loads which are nickle plated, and they get split necks on about 10% of them when I resize them. A professional reloader told me that the necks are too brittle, and need to me anealed (sp.).

one of us
posted Hide Post
One problem with Nickel plated brass is nickel brass won't last as long. Hydrogen Embrittalment is the problem. The brass becomes too hard and splits. You can fire form them and they work fine for a couple of loads. They work ok but if your hunting dangerous game I would stick to brass.

Posts: 99 | Location: Blue Springs, MO | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote