New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load Data for Vihtavouri N530
 Login/Join

<fa18hooker>
posted
I bought a keg of Viht N530, and I can't find load data for it, since it's not generally marketed in the U.S. I know it has the same general burn characteristics of N130, but it's a tri-based powder...just hoping someone out there has data for .223. Thanks.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I've never run across an N-530 powder, and this is the information from the manufacturer's website:

"The N500 series powders i.e. the high energy nitrocellulose powders are available in three types: N540, N550 and N560 corresponding the rifle powders N140, N150 and N160 in burning rate. The manufacturing technique includes impregnation of the second energy giving component, nitroglycerol, into the extruded powder grains and coating with a new type of surface treatment chemical and an agent which reduces the barrel wear. This treatment results in very progressive burning characterictics and increased bulk density, and thus improved muzzle velocities within the limits of maximum allowed pressure level."

And the 500 series of powders are double-based.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I'check the most recent manual that I bought at IWa Fair two years ago.
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
fa18hooker,

no info on N530 by VihtaVuori. Maybe it is so new that not even described on them site.

For .223 only a load for N540 : bullet 75grs bhtp Hornady, from 23.5grs to 25.9grs of N540powder.

Anyway all the loads that I've seen on N500 powders are equivalent to N100 powders.
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote