THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Homemade "Accuracy Asset" - aluminum forearm rest

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homemade "Accuracy Asset" - aluminum forearm rest
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I got this idea from Hart's Accuracy Asset, but I thought I could make my own.

Here are a few step by step photos. I need to find a piece of leather or something similar to protect the forend of the rifle. Maybe some faux leather will work. It cut the 1/2 inch aluminum plate to fit the inside of my tripod rest.

Pieces before welding:

Bottom view (attached w/ a 10-32 screw)

Good thing I don't make my living as an aluminum welder, but I got it to stick. Big Grin

After masking w/ tape, a plastic bag was placed over the Bondo and then trimmed with a razor after it was relatively hardened.

This should help keep the skinny forearm from rolling around in the bags so much.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote