THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody got any data using N560 for .280 Rem?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Dear all

Vhit's reload guide is very limited. I want to use N560 in a .280 Rem if possible.

Has anyone got any data using this powder?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's possible. You'll probably have a slightly compressed load with this cartridge & powder combination but VVN-560 is one of VV's double-based powders and I've had excellent results with it in similar sized cartridges; .270 Winchester, 7x64 Brenneke & .30/06 Sprg.

Which bullet weight are you planning on using?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Cheers Gerry

I am planning on 140's primarily.

Interesting you have had good results with it. I have been using it in my 300 WSM with good effect and impressed with the velocities I get (I am presuming due to the fact it is a double base)and wanted to try it in my upcoming .280 build.

Yes I agree I would think that with 140's you would be looking at a compressed load. However, I do prefer compressed loads if I can safely achieve them.

It is just a case of finding the data. The 7 x 64 is meant to be the ballistic twin so I am told. Perhaps that could be a start point?

Cheers Gerry

Best

JB

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can to use 5% more N-560 powder than N-160. nilly diggin nilly

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon2:
Cheers Gerry

I am planning on 140's primarily.

It is just a case of finding the data. The 7 x 64 is meant to be the ballistic twin so I am told. Perhaps that could be a start point?

Cheers Gerry

Best

JB

I would think you could even use 150gr/270 data as a ref. point. Let us know how it goes. I shoot a 280 but haven't tried VV560 yet. I am quit ehappy w/ H4831sc w/ 140gr bullets & IMR7828ssc for heavier.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
7x64 Brenneke

Gerry would you be willing to share your load data for the 7x64 Brenneke

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote