New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to reloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm new to reloading. I currently am reloading for 12GA and .45ACP. I had read some good things about Red Dot but I've noticed when dropping charges for the .45acp (5gn) it' doesn't drop consistantly, forcing me to weigh every charge. I'm using a Lee Perfect Powder Measure. Is it the equipment or is it the flake powder? How is this effecting my shotshells?

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when i got my lee powder measure i filled the hopper with bullseye and set it about half way and worked the handle to drop the whole hopper back into the canister........ the dry lube in the powder helped smooth it out and made for more consistancy.... then i wiped the whole thing with a new drier softener sheet to kill the static in it...... i have no trouble getting consistant powder charges from it...........

LIFE IS SHORT.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasco 74:
when i got my lee powder measure i filled the hopper with bullseye and set it about half way and worked the handle to drop the whole hopper back into the canister........ the dry lube in the powder helped smooth it out and made for more consistancy.... then i wiped the whole thing with a new drier softener sheet to kill the static in it...... i have no trouble getting consistant powder charges from it...........

LIFE IS SHORT.....

Any experience with flake powders?

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote