New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading data for Remington bullets...
 Login/Join

<David Quick>
posted
Does anyone know of a website or websites, that have reloading data for Remington bullets. On my webpage, I have a link to IMR's data which includes some very limited data for Remington bullets, but I would like to have one or more links that are more inclusive as far as powders are concerned... The question comes up every so often on my forums, and of course you see guys suggesting using other data such as Hornady etc., but I would much rather point them to data developed specifically for Remington bullets. Thanks a bunch guys. Dave
 -

<Loren>
posted
Sorry, as far as I know the IMR data is it. I have the Load books for .30-06 and .243 and the only mention of Remington bullets is the IMR powder section. Winchester bullets are similarly poorly represented as far as load data goes.

<1badassmagnum>
posted
what specific caliber are you looking for?
here is a very small list from the remington site,cross check this with the powder you might want to use.

http://www.remington.com/ammo/reloading/reload_recipes.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, my view is that you have to start low and work up no matter what bullet you are using. Reloading data for metallic cartridges using conventional bullets is a rough guide at best. If you had the data for the Remington bullet that you wanted to use, you would still have to go through the process because you could not count on your rifle, cases, primers, and powder lot being exactly the same as those used in working up the data. There also may be some differences in bullets from the same manufacturer in different runs.

Since you do have to work up, the process will cover the differences between bullets of different brands of conventional construction.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leftoverdj:
Dave, my view is that you have to start low and work up no matter what bullet you are using. Reloading data for metallic cartridges using conventional bullets is a rough guide at best. If you had the data for the Remington bullet that you wanted to use, you would still have to go through the process because you could not count on your rifle, cases, primers, and powder lot being exactly the same as those used in working up the data. There also may be some differences in bullets from the same manufacturer in different runs.

Since you do have to work up, the process will cover the differences between bullets of different brands of conventional construction.

Hey Dave, You would do well to copy and paste "Leftoverdj's" comments to your webpage in a couple of places.

There is a whole bunch of foolishness being spread about by a few folks that there are MUC Loads (Magical, mythical mystical Universal Charges) that work in most all rifles of a specific caliber. That is at best "misleading and wrong" and at worst "Full of Beans".

The REAL problem relates to the SAFETY of the beginning reloader buying into this ignorance and then he just starts dumping in the MUC Load "without" working it up from below.

There are NO SHORTCUTS to developing a SAFE Load.

Best of luck to your webpage.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
You and me had a big arguement about this about 3 or 4 years ago.

Remington Core-Loct bullets are made by Hornady.For those of you who don't belive it,that came direct from Steve Hornady's lips.

Compare identical weight Hornadys to Remingtons.Very close,almost identical.

Just start moderatley,as always,and work your way up.Really,the only bullets that spike pressures way up are Barnes Xs and Nosler Partitions (only sometimes on the Noslers though).

Take a cartridge/charge combo that is not insanely hot,and load it with identical weight/style of bullets made by Hornady,Remington,Speer and Siearra.I'd be willing to bet good money,that pressures would be either the same or nearly so.

Brian.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<David Quick>
posted
All points well taken guys... and you are all correct... but if you look at my post, all I was really asking was if anyone knew of a site, or manual for that matter, that has data derived specifically from Remington bullets other than the limited data that the IMR page has. There does not seem to be such a site...
[Razz]