THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lets Just Design the Perfect Bullet!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A boat-tail, ballistic tip partition would be too long to sell well. Boat-tails add length. Ballistic tips add length. Partitioning adds length. What you would end up with is a bullet almost as long as a VLD! Ok, not quite, but it would be significantly longer than other hunting bullets.

Posts: 22571 | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
What's so perfect about a partition?

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"A boat-tail, ballistic tip partition would be too long to sell well. Boat-tails add length. Ballistic tips add length. Partitioning adds length. What you would end up with is a bullet almost as long as a VLD! Ok, not quite, but it would be significantly longer than other hunting bullets."

Not if the rear end was tugstin rather than lead. Pop did you get my soft ware?

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
"tugstin rather than lead."
Should be TUNGSTIN
Not quite perfect but in the 70s I did design a bullet with a polycarbinate tip.bonded jacket to lead and the rear end had a tungstin insert. I choose not to include boat tail for what little it contributes to a hunting bullet. I sent this design to a number of bullet manufacturers never to get a reply. I mean I sent it to at least a dozen people, mostly engineering types. In the mid 90s I put most of this info in a design program that allows you to design these type bullets in any caliber. I left the plastic tip off the program. I sent this program to the same group type. Guess what???? NADA roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote