Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal 215M Primers
 Login/Join

posted
Is there anyplace in this obamanized nation where a person can find Federal 215 Match Primers?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Cabela's last Monday and bought 3,000 of the Federal 215. Cabela's doesn't stock the 215M. If you have a Cabela's close to you, I would suggest that you go to the store and place an order through the store. I have had good success with getting primers within two to three weeks. If you order through the catalog you will have to pay the haz-mat fee. If you order through the store, there is no shipping or haz-mat charge.

I really prefer the 215M primers, but given the availability of primers, I was tickled to get the 215s. So every time I am close to Cabela's, I stop by to see what they have in inventory. Remember that they usually don't put everything out - you need to ask what they have in the back room.

Good luck.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I just bought 2 cases of 215's at cabelas in Dundee MI. No match primers though.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have some 215M.I should have bought more when I was offered some.Just recently I ordered some Win LRM primers.They might even be better.Years ago I tested them by emptying some cartridges of their powder and bullets and putting a paper towel in the case.The federal and Winchester primers were the most powerfull.I think the Win primers were really powerfull but less consistant.Anyway, to my surprise,they shot the paper towel through a chiprock wall.I then realized that the primer in a 270 win alone had enough energy to seriously injure someone.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can get the 215's, but not the 215M's.

Dammed obama.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't disagreed with your feelings about Obama, and I worked very hard to keep him out of office. But you should be aware that the primer problem has been ongoing for the last 2+ years. For over a year, I couldn't get any Federal primers (except for shotshells which I don't reload). I ended up using CCI, Remington and Winchester. Of course, I had to retest all of my loads with the different primers.

There was also a period when we could not get any Sierra 69 gr. or 75 gr. HPBT. Supposedly, they were all sent to Dept of Defense ammunition contractors because of the shortage of ammo for the Iraq war. I never did find a satisfactory answer to the shortage for either bullets or primers.

But at the moment, I am firmly convinced that the primers, powder, cases and bullets are being bought and stored by the reloading community. I think everyone is concerned about the future availability of such products.

So I agree with you about blaming Obama, but I also blame a lot of other anti-gun liberals, and you can for sure put your finger on the Kennedys, Clintons, Pelosi & Schumer, etc. etc. etc. as conspirators.

Remember, there is no such thing as too much ammo, or the components to make more ammo.

Good luck finding what you need.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Do you have a Sportsman's Warehouse near by... I have seen them on the shelves recently, but having no personal need... passed.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go into every store that stocks reloading supplies. Drop to one knee and look to the back of the bottom shelf. That is how I found my last brick, about 3 months ago. The mom and pop places normally will sell it to you for the price on the box, so I got a very good price too. Just blow the dust off the box!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The people to contact would be the ones catering to match shooters. Sinclair, Bruno, Champion shooter supply, etc...... Maybe a better forum to ask on would be Benchrest.com or 6mmbr or the varmint shooting forums. Most of us lay in large supplies, but you are more likely to find a supplier who has just got some in or a match shooter who has just renewed his supply. Get a good relationship with someone like Sinclair or Bruno and they'll call you when they get more.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote