Notify
Tools

Reloading Kit in FL Keys?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi guys,

I'll be in Islamorada in a couple of weeks and I was looking to find a store that I can buy some reloading kit and bullet heads from>

Can anyone reccomend a venue nearby or on the way to the airport? I don't think there is a Cabelas down there and I looked at the Basspro website and I don't think they stock bullets, or brass.

Best regards,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey FB, Are you talking about the place just North of Miami?

I spent some "Quality Time" down there a few years ago and there are a good many Gun Shops scattered about. I've been trying to think of a few names, but it has (apparently) been Deleted from the short-term memory. Florida is a very Pro Gun state, so you should be able to find some close by with a good map. Just call them to see if they have what you want, while you are there, before you drive over to the place.

Plenty of police on the highways, so try to do the Speed Limit or go the same speed the other traffic is moving. Of course, if they did stop you, I'm sure they could tell you where a good Gun Shop is. Big Grin

I'm close to a couple of Bass Pro Shops and they got rid of all their Reloading stuff. So, I'd imagine Islamorada did too, but that is a guess. They have some fine food in the restaurant though. And there is some kind of fancy Saltwater Sportsman/Trophy Museum next door to the BPS. You can see it if you are eating on the veranda.

Best of luck on your trip.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a Bass Pro Shop on Key Largo, doubt they will have much reloading equipment since there is little opportunity for shooting sports in the Keys.

Bullet "heads"???

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you know what you want in advance, buy it mail order and have it forwarded to your hotel. Works a champ, supply is pretty much unlimited.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

I was thinking of doing that actually as my mate did something similar with sopme fly rods in New York. I was kind of keen to visit some shops and one of the police supply shops has helped me out with a number so I'll give that a go next week when they reopen.

If anyone has any other ideas that would be great. Bass pro don't stock anything in Islamorada, or the Miami store, as I just called them.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote