Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome Day at the range! (GS CUstom)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
I finally shot my 416 WBY loads for verification. I got less than 1.2" at 100 yds with 2 loads and the third load yielded the following results.

416 cal 330 GS Custom
120 gr of RL 19
3080 fps
That is the group to the left below. Measures .595 center to center. The other group is my new 45-70 stainless guide gun and the 300 gr Partitions. 52 gr of RL 7 and 2100 fps or so. This one measures .55" outer edge to outer edge! You do the math!

Both 3 shots at 100 yds

Rock on!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
So, are you going to work on the Weatherby to get it down to less than .1" like your 45/70 or are you satisfied with that?

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd be fucking ashamed of myself. You didn't even hit the orange paster once!

GOTCHA!!

Nice shooting, buddy!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I like to cut out the fliers too. Either that or cover them up with dimes...

Actually...no flyier on these two!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Such vulgarity!!!

Siga, tin parthena!

Bring that .416 to Texas next month. I want to see it perform on game.

I'll bring the .470 Capstick; the outfitter will look at us like we have two heads.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Wow, excellent job.

See you next year for the antelope/mulie hunt!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

now that would be cheatin wouldn't it???

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Such vulgarity!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pop:

that is not vulgarity! George is from NY.

That is a sign of friendship there. When he starts speaking politely to you, that is when they think you are a dork.

cheers
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
POP;

With that 416, it must be like I noticed with my 338/06 the other day at the range. Compared to smaller calibers, they put such a big hole in the paper, they don't have to be very accurate enough to be called one hole shooters.

Funny, one dorky looking guy walked up as I was packing up and looked at one target that I had sitted the scope on the 338/06 with. One shot hit right were I was expecting it too.
It was a target I just run off on my printer so they are cheap.

He looked at it, and asked what that was. I could not resist, so I told him it was a 20 shot group from my 22/250 at 300 yds. He jumped back with a "WOW" that is quite a shooter, what brand is it???

Actually it was a one shot hole from a 338/06 at 50 yds.

Sorry but I had to think of Bill Engvall's " here is your sign" comedy skit.

Oh and my answer to his question: " Oh, some old rifle my grandpa just gave me".

Okay so I slapped myself in my mind over that one, but couldn't resist. By the way< "here's your sign".

cheers
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted

posted Hide Post
Quote:

Pop:

that is not vulgarity! George is from NY.

That is a sign of friendship there. When he starts speaking politely to you, that is when they think you are a dork.

cheers
seafire

BINGO! So you've been to New York?

George
P.S. POP and I have known each other for years, and have hunted together at least once a year for as long as we've known each other.