Notify
Tools

RCBS LITTLE DANDY
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of slonebo
posted
Hello,
Thinking of getting one. Can anyone tell me good/bad info about these. I'm new to reloading and i tried to use my rcbs uniflow measure that my dad got a wile back to charge my 10mm brass but it wouldn't go low enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Little Dandy is really neat but is not adjustable and needs a separate "rotor" for every load. There are many good powder measures available at reasonable prices. Welcome to reloading; you'll never be the same again Cool

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the Uniflow, use the small cavity drum for everything that will work.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
slonebo

I have the uniflow with small and large pistons, but the little dandy is just fun. I got mine from a bullseye shooter who moded his own rotors to throw low grainage bullseye for 32S&W and 45acp.

rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thinking of getting one. Can anyone tell me good/bad info about these.

It worked as well as a small, non-adjustable measure can I suppose. I have no use for one, much prefer something adjustable, so I haven't looked in a long time but I think it's been dropped from production, which would make it difficult to find new rotors.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in the garage with all the rotors.

I used to dump pistol powder charges with the thing.

You put 50 cases in a loading block and it was a very quick way to dump loads. Much faster than Lee Scoops. I believe it was faster than using a measure.

While charges are fixed by the volume of the rotors, I never really had issues not being able to fine tune. I just kept the throw weight below maximum and everything was great.

You will need to check all the cases in the loading block as it is easy to day dream and miss a case. I never double charged anything but maybe that was luck.

I did not need all 26 rotors just used a few for my 357, 44 Spl, and 44 Mag loads.

In the 80's I bought a Dillion 550B and I have not used the little dandy since then.

One of Us
Picture of slonebo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help,
PM sent to SlamFire.