Find
Notify
Tools

BL(C)-2 & the 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
So BL(C)-2) shows some pretty impressive velocity with 270gr bullets in Hogdon manual that I have and I found an old thread where someone said they were going to try it but never posted any results.
Has anyone tried this powder in their 9.3x62? How was it accuracy wise? I've only used it in 223 but with good results.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I've only tested it in the 308 Win. I got great groups in the winter, not so great in the summer.

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BL (c)2 is the most overlooked powder out there, it gets awesome velocity in more than a few cartridges and its accurate. The only complaint Ive heard is it shoots a big ball of flame out that you can see late evening and early mornings...and it does but so what, never bothered me...I used it book max plus a few grs. in my 9.3x62, but don't tell on me!! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Ball C2 with 286 grain Nosler Partition, I use max book loads.

M

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The burning rate is perfect, and you can get lot of it into the case. I use it a lot in the .308. nosler lists it's the most accurate powder for 165-grain bullets in the .308. it should transfer over without any problems.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote