New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra Game Kings
 Login/Join

<JLBMI>
posted
A friend of mine just gave me a nearly full box of Sierra 180 GameKings. I want to load them in my 300 Ultra Mag. A search for loads on the net yielded no results. Anyone have the data from the Sierra manual for this bullet and caliber.
I typically load RL 25/Imr 7828/H1000 in this caliber.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
For RL 25 I suggest working up to a max of 96 gr (Fed 215 primer). You should get close to 3300 fps or so.

I should also add that this outta be a great antelope/coyote/ target bullet at that velocity!

Basically Gamekings are a very good and accurate bullet but NOT if Elk, moose etc. are in the equation. Especially at 300 RUM velocities! [Confused]

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
Pop,
What are your experiences with the gameking bullet? I must admit I have never tried them on game or tested them. You say they are no good on Elk or Moose. Do they come apart or blow up on the shoulder?

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I had one come apart at 175 yards on a big mule deer. It dropped it and my 25/06 shoots them good but I dont think there tough enough if you hit bone maybe.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote