New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lubrication for neck sizing?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, do you guys use a case lube when neck sizing using Wilson neck dies(steel or carbide bushings)
Regards Toby

Posts: 58 | Location: Oslo,Norway | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
I dip mine in the Imperial ceramic media with thier dry neck lube.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Neco is the one I use
http://www.neconos.com/shop/index.php?cat=16&

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried the mica and it worked. The Redding/Imperial graphite works a little slicker. I wonder what it does to the bullet 'grip' in the neck since I don't bother to clean it out after sizing.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No lube, when only neck sizing. Just run the case over a nylon brush to scub out the worst grit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For necks, powdered graphite is my go-to lube. Case bodies get Imperial Sizing Die Wax.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have carbide bushings for my 22, 6mm, 6.5, and 30 cal. I do not lube them.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My favorite way of lubing necks is when I am using a spray lube I put the cases in a plastic tub, like a 1/2 gallon ice cream tub, and spray the lube on the cases and then agitate them. Then I hold the tub at a 45 degree angle and shake it and all the cases will line up with the mouths up, then give the mouths a pass and a half. Takes only a few seconds to do it this way and saves a lot of time.

If I am resizing on a single stage press I'll often use Imperial and then I just have a Qtip that I've rolled in the wax lightly and give the case a pass with that.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never lubed the necks of a case for neck sizing only. There is just no need.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote