THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester WLR/WLRM primers, different aspect.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, I've just opened some boxes of said primers that I've recently bought; even if the packaging is identical to those that I've used until now, the primers are not nickel plated but are yellow like brass. Is this a new lot? Are they interchangable? Thanks.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a old lot. winchester primers were brass and not plated until about 3-5 years ago.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bama7x57
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought Win primers in so long I never knew they started nickel plating them. Confused

Posts: 84 | Location: alabama | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
....and I've started using them recently, so I never knew that they were not nickel plated previously Big Grin

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
ConfusedThey been yellow- gold and a little small in diameter for perhaps 6 years.WLR,WLRM And WSR. bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote