New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMC brass?
 Login/Join

<Celt>
posted
I was told recently that PMC brass (308) was very consistant and would make a good base in wich to make some accurate match grade loads with.

I know PMC is a "less expensive" ammo and have no experiance with the brass.

I had planned to use Winchester brass.
Any comments?
Thanks
Celt

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I use PMC brass in my 6.5x55 without any problems.I wouldn't call it "match grade" though. If I was putting together match ammo I'd use norma or similar.

Bakes

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Celt, I would go with the Win brass. Years ago I had a bunch of 6.5x55 PMC that I bought as loaded ammo and found when I loaded it that after 3 / 4 loads the necks split. I don`t know if it was a bad batch or if they were improperly annealed but I tossed them. I ended up useing some CBC brass that I bought as mil surp, back then Win and Rem didn`t make 6.5 and Norma was hard to find (pricy) around here. I ran the CBC stuff through 10 or so loads and never had a problem.

How about leting me know how the 6.5x284 turns out? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My best groups from factory ammo are with PMC 223 target. It beats Federal Gold and is much cheaper.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<BorisBarker>
posted
Yeah I use them exclsuively and reckon they are great, always pick out the ones with the falsh hole off centre and bin those. The rest are great and seem to work a treat in my 223!