New
Find
Notify
Tools

.35 Rem.T/C Loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for some mild loads for a .35remington in a T/C contender...anyone have any?Trying to work up a little to the full recoil and also have lower recoil "more fun on the hand" plinking rounds..
Anyone ever tried sr4759 powder in a T/C.35?
I have a imr powder book that shows a load for the sr4759 and the .35 rem "RIFLE" at around 1750fps. or so..Will this work OK in the T/C as well ?This is the mildest looking load i have found so far...
Thanks for any help or hints thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The IMR booklet loads for 4198 were very accurate and mild in a 760 that I shoot.
SR4759 should be good also.
In BPCR rifles which operate at low pressure with cast bullets IMR 4227 seems to give the best accuracy so try that powder also. However your loads need to high enough in pressure to keep the primers from backing out of the case and shortening headspace.

The critical issue with the .35 Remington is getting your FL die set just right for your TC.
The "light" loads will cause your head space to increase because of the primer pocket pressure.
You will notice this when the primers back out of your cases at low pressure.
You need to get one of the Hornady LNL case headspace gauges. Expand some cases nearly straight. Then neck them down with your .35 Rem FL die until they are set .000 (flush) to .001 shorter than your cases show when fired with a full power load.
PM me if you need more in formation.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote