THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading the 375 JRS- can 375H&H dies be used?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received a 375 JRS, and i am wondering if I can use my H&H dies (NECK SIZE ONLY) for reloading? wheres a good place for 375 JRS full length resizing dies? thanks

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What/ no one has a 375 JRS? No one has an opinion?

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO, you need to talk to the custom shops. Redding doesn't list the cartridge, but you might contact Hornady.

I don't know exactly what Jon Sundra did in his modification, but I doubt that he retained the low-angle shoulder or the taper of the H&H. It could mean that an H&H neck die can't accommodate the JRS's shape.

one of us
posted Hide Post
According to COTW, JRS took 8mm Remington Magnum cases and fireformed them in the 375 JRS chamber. The exact fireform load is listed in COTW (some SR powder, cream of wheat filler, plug neck with bar soap).

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago when I had a 375JRS I had the same problem. No the 375 H&H dies don't work because the 375 JRS has a wider body. What does work is the 378 Weatherby Mag die set, both for neck sizing and seating. If I needed to FLS I ran the cases through the 8mm Rem FLS die and then expanded the neck again with a follow up anneal.This worked just fine until the correct dies eventually arrived from Redding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redding has a Custom offering in 375/8MM Remington Mag. Is this the JRS?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Winchester 69:
Redding has a Custom offering in 375/8MM Remington Mag. Is this the JRS?

Should be, my understanding is that the JRS was simply the 8mm Rem Mag necked up with no other changes. A 1983 G&A/Hunting Big Bore rifles I have confirms this, expand neck with no further fire forming.
Steve.

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote