Find
Notify
Tools

How far will a .223 bullet travel??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
I need this information fast!! I need the ultimate distance(2miles, 3 miles??) that a 60 or 70 gr .223 bullet will travel, for safety considerations. There's a lot of heresay out there concerning "how many miles" a bullet will travel before it runs out of energy, but I need concretee evidence for example a formula I can use to compute. Thanks

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to Sierra Infinity, A 60gr Matchking at 3370fps, sea level,70 degrees, 2.53 miles.

Posts: 108 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ300MAG:
According to Sierra Infinity, A 60gr Matchking at 3370fps, sea level,70 degrees, 2.53 miles.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Is there a chart or picture of the trajectory that you could email to me??

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can come up with in the morning.

Posts: 108 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The maximum range of your Sierra .224 dia. 69 gr. HPBT MatchKing at 3140 Feet per Second is: 4364.5 yards at an elevation angle of 29 degrees with a reference axis angle of 0 degrees. You selected Non-Standard Atmospherics of: Humidity = 50 %, Temperature = 70' F and Pressure = 29.53 in/Hg Your Firing Point Altitude was: 600 feet. Pm me with your email address, I'll try to get a chart to you.