Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WC for SD round?
 Login/Join

posted
If this question has been asked before, I apologize, but I have a whole batch of 148gr. Mester DE wadcutters. Does anyone know if there is any data on these for use as SD rounds? I have read other places and in some books that in the "good old days" even the cops have used them. What do we know about this?

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Glock 17, 19, 20. FNP9, Taurus 85UL
S&W 60, 66, 686, 40, Model 36 Chief's Special
AZ Desertrat is offline Reply With Quote

Posts: 9 | Location: Tempe, AZ | Registered: 21 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They make a full-diameter hole.

I have some in a revolver today; they're loaded inverted. Cops used them 40 years ago, before the lawyers got involved. Then the flying ashtrays got popular.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Glock 17, 19, 20. FNP9, Taurus 85UL
S&W 60, 66, 686, 40, Model 36 Chief's Special
AZ Desertrat is offline Reply With Quote

Posts: 9 | Location: Tempe, AZ | Registered: 21 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WC for a SD is not any better a round nose round round they are normally shot a fairly low vel. Before the invention of good jacketed hollow points they were tried as a SD round with out great results.

If you are looking for a lead SD round a good 158 gr lead hollow point at max vel seems to work the best of the lead bullets.

I would load the WC's up and shoot them for paractice and then buy the best modren JHP for your caliber out there.

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote