Notify
Tools

.168 grain Sierra Math HP on Game Animals
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
YOU KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, not exactly. He'd probably only wound you, since he's using MK's.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the manufacturer says it ain't a good idea...so I haven't tried it..

haven't eaten a roach or a turd 'cause Momma said not to...

haven't built a skyscraper with aluminum I Beams, or driven a Yugo in a drag race, cause the manufacturer said they weren't designed for that.

Guess I just ain't adventursome enough...

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I have tried Game Kings on Deer and Targets and I don't like the accuracy they give on paper or the expansion on the Deer I have shot. Where I shoot I don't have a chance to use a rest or a tree. If I move they run away my friend shoots at greater ranges and is quite a better shot than I am off-hand

If your off-hand shooting skills aren't up to snuff, maybe more practice is required. I fail to see how a matchking's n-th greater accuracy over a gameking or similar bullet would show up snap shooting. Perhaps you should consider buckshot.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Muskege Man,

Why don't you just keep your childish comments to yourself.

Thats not hardly what we call "Bullet Performance" down here.

We like to shoot bullets that make devastating wound channels, massive exit wounds, and provide quick humane kills.

I guess you guys that shoot "Hard to Destruct" bullets that are designed for "DANGEROUS GAME" must eat deer ribs. There is no since in shooting an average whitetail w/ tough bullets and causing a slow death. Tough bullets have thier place.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Look at the Sierra article posted in the Medium Bore section.

That's what I call "Bullet Performance."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geoffrey Miller, Managing Director of the John Rigby & Company in California recovered these three .30 caliber, 150 grain SBT GameKings from game at ranges from 160 to 381 yards in a .308 Winchester and a .300 H&H Magnum. Geoffrey reports shooting his 500,000 Sierra bullet in 73 barrels. "In today's era of ever complex super premium bullet nonsense, I have found nothing as accurate and as devastating on game as a Sierra of the proper weight and caliber for the game at hand. All of the small caliber (.375 and under) rifles we make for clients and the demo guns we use are all regulated and zeroed with Sierras.

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Buckshot is not legal in Kansas, Very funny Ha Ha

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote