New
Find
Notify
Tools

340 Wby loads for RL25 and 210 gr Barnes TSX
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone out there tried RL25 with the 210 gr Barnes TSX bullet in the 340 Wby? How about some quickload suggestions? Would appreciate any information that might be out there. Thanks

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Snowman, there is also a Weatherby site out there that might have some folks that can assist... www.weatherby.dk

Is it a Weatherby rifle or another that has been chambered for 340 ???

Weatherby factory ammo is made by Norma who use Norma MRP... Interestingly enough, RL-22 is manufactured by the same company and is essentially MRP....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heat It is a MK V. I am aware that RL22 is a very good powder in the 340. I've used some RL25 with 225 and 250 bullets (not TSXs) and found I was getting better groups with it than I was getting with RL22. I wanted to try some TSX's in the 340 and was hoping I might find some loads with RL25 that shoot to the same spot as my present loads.

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Actually Snowman, you're comments will be greatly assisting me when I go to reload my 338-378... I was planning on RL-22 but might also have to give RL-25 a go....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote