Find
Notify
Tools

IMR 800-X vs. HODGDON 800-X
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
I believe it is the same powder, only brand changed (Hodgdon own IMR or so). But I want to be sure. So are exactly the same or not?

Jiri

Posts: 2100 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Yes, its the same. Hodgdon MSDS on powder

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
800X may bridge in a powder measure drop tube. Its a very large flake powder. If you have not bought it, buy something else. Check photos and size of different powders here. Powder Photo and Data

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I weigh all charges, I do not use powder measures. No problem for me. I believe my .460 Rowland will love it ;-)

Thanks for info.

Jiri

Posts: 2100 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jiri,

I just picked up 8 pounds of 800x to use in my .460 Rowland.....waiting on the bullets to come in.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
MHC_TX: Any tips to me? ;-)

Jiri

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:

Jiri

No, I was hoping to follow your lead.

I plan on working up a 255gr Hard Cast load and a load for the 230gr Hornaday xtp

Mike

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
800X may bridge in a powder measure drop tube. Its a very large flake powder. If you have not bought it, buy something else.

That's why I stop using it, it is not may bridge it is more like it well bridge.

Posts: 19453 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:

Jiri

No, I was hoping to follow your lead.

I plan on working up a 255gr Hard Cast load and a load for the 230gr Hornaday xtp

Mike

:-)

I will start soon so I will update my reloading table for .460 Rowland. I have here 250gr coated hard cast (not much different to 255) and 230gr XTP.

I was waiting for delivery of 800-X since January 2015.

Jiri

BTW: Reply from HODGDON support: It is the same powder.