THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading the 8x56r ..???... can it be done ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
brass??? dies ???
any thoughts on this ???
buckweet

Posts: 302 | Location: clinton mo. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brass.....Make from 7.62x54R russian cases
Dies......LEE
Bullets...Thats a toughie. LEE has a (329J) sizing die that reportably does a good job of reducing .338 diameter bullets into the .329 diameter that the 8x56R uses.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just went through this process--bought the gun and then found out what a weirdo it is--BUT I'D DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT!!
The lee bullet die works great for sizing 200 grain hornady .338 down to .329--and its cheap.
Grafs has brass real cheap but it's on backorder and will be for the next 3-5 mo's. I had to "breakdown" and order some bertram brass at about $1 ea so I could get reloading.
There is a great website called the Straight-pull rifle forum that YOU MUST VISIT if you own one of these guns.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Arms Co.( www.buffaloarms.com) has the brass for $43/50 or $80/100 formed from .45-70. I purchased some 8x52 R Siamese made from the same brass and was quite pleased. To extend the life of this brass, I sent 2 fireformed cases to LEE and for $50 they made me a custom collet die set. An additional $15 got me a custom trimmer pilot. Very please with them also.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote