New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outers Varminter Rifle Rest
 Login/Join

<burt>
posted
Anyone used/own the Outers Varminter Rifle Rest? Are they any good or is there something better?

Burt

<Paul Dustin>
posted
I use it I even have the pistol rest for it to. I think it is one of the better one made. they work great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot over a one seems to work just fine. not as portable as Harris bipod but works.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. It puts the gun up a little high, so you have to have a platform/table that's the right height. It's a fair comprimise between a full benchrest/front rest/rear bag setup and a plain sand bag. If you don't mind the weight a Bull's Bag is another alternative.

R

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Multi Vis>
posted
I got mine about ten years ago but was always bothered by the amount of looseness in it. It does work fine but one must really work on the hold and repeating the same hold is tough. I now use a Bench Master rest and feel its a much better system and far more steady. When I got the Outers these other rests were not on the market yet so at the time it was the rig to have. I now use it for cleaning and working on guns.:::::MV