New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon dies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the carbide .308 die set from Dillon; $113 ($126 with S&H). I've not been able to load even one cartridge. The decapper pin in the sizing die twists into a "corkscrew" with each pull of the handle . Called Dillon. NO warranty. Have to purchase the replacements. I can no longer use Dillon dies if this problem isn't solved. ! Maybe it's just an inferior run of pins. Have any of you had this trouble? What brand do you suggest I replace the Dillons with?
Thanks for any help you can be.

Posts: 62 | Location: CA | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Dillon RL1050 which they consider "commercial grade" and as such the warranty is one year. I presume they consider the carbide rifle die "commercial grade". Even so it should have a one year warranty. Something definitely sounds wrong here, however. I would ask to talk to Mike Dillon. I've found the mighty Dillon warranty can vary depending on who you end up talking to.

I prefer Redding dies.

Posts: 19 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of Dillon refusing to replace something. Ever. I have several Dillon die sets, as well as a 20 year old press. They have always been great to me and anyone I have ever talked to about their products. I would call back and demand to talk to a manager, or if that doesn't get you satisfaction demand to know their name, and then you want to talk to Mike Dillon himself. If asking them for their name doesn't get it covered, then asking them to forward you to Mike, will definately get their feet moving. I think their may be a "new" person that took your call (?) that didn't know the "real deal". Post back if you have any more problems, or email me the names of the people you talked to. The next time I go in there I will talk to some people I know there about your problem. This is the first time I have heard of a problem like this with Dillon. I'm curious as to what the change (?) or problem is (with them).

Posts: 33 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of a problem with Dillon and their warranty. Every time I worked with them, they have been absolutely perfect. They even replaced things for free when I tried to buy something that I have dropped onto the floor and broke.

Call back and talk to Mike Dillon. I can't believe they would make something without a warranty.

RobertD

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of killsoft
posted Hide Post
I find your story questionable. Are you saying the die is defective? Are you trying to load Berdan brass??

I have never, ever had any problem with Dillon's warranty or customer service. In fact, they will often send me replacement parts for free when it was obviously not necessary for them to do that.

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I'm also in teh "neverhadaproble" catagory. Dillon has replaced things I have broken w/o charge. As far as your decapping pin problem, unless your pin dia. is too large or your flash holes are off center or, god forbid, you are trying to decap berdan brass (2 flash holes)I have never had a problem bending pins. Try again, talk w/ one of the tech. guys.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote