THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anybody Have 110 gr. Subsonic Load In A 300 Whisper/Blackout?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Have 110 gr. Subsonic Load In A 300 Whisper/Blackout?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to try some for close range Coyote elimination in a 16" AR, any ideas? Thanks

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The round was really not developed for a light subsonic bullet.
Why not just go up to a 220 or 240 gr Sierra or try a Lehigh subsonic or Outlaw States 240 gr hunting bullet.
I have had very good success with both on deer with my 300 Whisper and I am sure it will do the number on coyote and other vermin.

I have tried many different powders and have currently settled on Lil' Gun for the heavy subsonic bullets that I shoot-with the suppressor sound is negligible.

Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This months American Rifleman has an artice on the 300 Whisper/ Blackout. There may be some information there for you.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep impala, there's some good info in there. Thinking about getting me a new upper in the .300 Balckout.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote