THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Solution for "Primer-Hopping" in RCBS Catcher..

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solution for "Primer-Hopping" in RCBS Catcher..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had problems(and from reading various forums I have seen other reloaders have also had problems) with the RCBS Rock Chucker system of catching primers. They always seem to "hop-out"... [Mad] Well, a friend gave me an incomplete RCBS Case Kicker (it is missing the plastic box, which I am looking for, if anyone has one? [Frown] ), and, being that I could not use it because of the aforementioned problem, I started to think of what I could do with the rest of the pieces. There is one metal piece, that attaches to the slot were the lower primer arm goes, and it deflects primers to the right. The whole reason for this little gadget is that when you use the Case Kicker, you cannot attach the black primer catcher, so you place this little piece of metal on the press, it deflects the primers, and they fall either on to the floor or into a trash can placed underneath and to the right of the press. Anyways, I placed this little gadget in the slot, AND I inserted the regular primer catcher(without any of the other Case Kicker pieces), and VOILA! Problem solved! The primers just fall into the catcher, and I have not had one jump out yet... [Big Grin]

reloader-1

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife has both a broom and a vacuum cleaner, so I let the floor catch mine. Works great, but somtimes the wheels of my chair hang up on em (thats when I have the wife stop hauling in firewood to get her broom)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I take a piece of cardboard around 4 in. by 6 in (size is really unimportant) and bend it around inside the primer catcher on my Rockchucker. The added height of the catcher will catch about 99% of all the spent primers.

Posts: 26 | Location: Marilla, NY, outside of Buffalo | Registered: 11 June 2002Reply With Quote