New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Load Help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If your H-1000 load doesn't work that great in your 300 Win, try RL-22. I've used 75-77grs of RL-22 (max load - work up) in 8 or 9 different 300 Win mags with excellent results. It's always the Load I start with in 300 Win and usually the one I end with too........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I'm working up a new load, I don't go to the red line on my first group of loadings. But rather, I will edge up to say 90-95% of what the book sez is max. That way, if things are looking a bit hot, I'm not tempted to proceed nor do I have as many rounds to break down.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I do this too.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
eldeguello:
Quote:

While it may be true that lack of excessive pressure indications means nothing, it IS true that the PRESENCE OF EXCESSIVE PRESSURE SIGNS DOES MEAN SOMETHING!

Well stated young fellow.....very well stated....I couldn't have said it better.

Now.....back to developing a finger Icon.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote