Re: model 700 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 76 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I use the same page Willow pointed out. You can really improve the trigger on the 700s but, be careful and don't make it too light. It helps if you play w/ it for a while and really understand the functions of that particular trigger mech.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Blakeroth, The Snipercoutry instructions SUCK! E-mail me, I'll send you my instructions, much better results, and easier, too. I've got some of my rifles down to 19-20oz. without modifying or replacing springs, and they're all safe. Jay jarhty28@hotmail.com

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with a Remington Sendero, .270 Win. The trigger was not as crisp as I wanted. I installed a Jewell trigger (www.sinclairintl.com) myself, set to 1200 grams and the rifle shoots about 0.6 MOA with AccuBonds 140 grainers.
Nice day, Jan

Posts: 113 | Location: Terschelling, the Netherlands | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys i just got done and its ALOT better than it was i think this is alot of why my groups were so huge.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like a Remington trigger that has been setup correctly.
email sent Jay...sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya know I was just looking at those screws on my 700 mnt rifle,,,,,it's at 7 pounds factory,,,,,will be at 4 when I am done

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay Gorski--- How about posting your data on tuning a 700 Rem. trigger ? The trigger on my 700 Rem. 221 Fireball is rotten I,ll not get a other Rem. rifle unless I can get it ajusted under 3 Lbs.

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Jay Gorski--- How about posting your data on tuning a 700 Rem. trigger ? The trigger on my 700 Rem. 221 Fireball is rotten I,ll not get a other Rem. rifle unless I can get it ajusted under 3 Lbs.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

First take the nail polish off the front bottom and back adjusting screws, then work the screws in and out a bit to work them loose, about a half turn or so out and in again to the same point where you started, then turn the front bottom screw out a turn or so and check how the trigger feels as far as weight, do this with the bolt cocked, check it a few times, now, you'll probably have some creep in the trigger, this is remedied by cocking the rifle and turning in the screw at the rear of the trigger assy., turn until the pin goes forward, and then turn back about a 1/3 of a turn, check the trigger for creep several times again, If there is creep present, turn in a little more until after several dry fires tries, you feel no creep, sometimes it shows up after a few dry fires, now go back to the front bottom screw and adjust to your taste, but as you get lighter, you may get some creep also, then you'll have to go back and turn in the rear screw until the creep goes away, as you get lighter, the pin will drop easier when working the bolt in a fast slam type action, I work the bolt as If I were in a hunting situation, pretty fast in other words, about 10 cycles, if the pin goes forward WITHOUT pulling the trigger, you'll have to turn-in the front screw a bit or back-off the rear adjusting screws a touch, maybe both, so basically, when you turn out the front bottom screw, you'll usually have to turn-in the rear screw to get rid of the creep, but not always, all depends on how light you want to go, the lightest I can get the trigger on my 6mm is about 26oz., my other rifles I got at 19-20oz. according to my buddies RCBS trigger gauge(spring type), you may want to spray a little Hornadys 'Oneshot' cleaner/dry lube or some high qaulity Synthetic gun oil into the trigger assy. to prevent it from drying out from all the dry firing you may do, happened to one of my trigger jobs, a little spray and it was smooth as silk again, Hope this helps, don't be afraid to e-mail back for any ? Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Thanks guys i just got done and its ALOT better than it was i think this is alot of why my groups were so huge.

A good trigger can make all the difference. Good luck!

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote