Find
Notify
Tools

Convert RCBS FL die to a neck bushing style
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RayGunter
posted
I've got a wildcat 240 Gibbs RCBS FL die and sure would like to have a bushing die. Is there anyone who does modification like this.

To buy the bushing die as a special is out of my budget range.

Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 117 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Try here Link

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, let me suggest you consider getting Lee to make you one of their excellant Collet Neck Sizers. IMHO (and many others) they are actully superiour to bushing sizers for most of us and are less costly too.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RayGunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

243... I sent Jim an email asking about what he might be able to do for me.

Jim.... Good idea on the Lee dies. I had forgotten all about them. How does the cost run for wildcats in the collet neck line?

Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 117 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
From Lee- Large Series Collet Die Set

We need:

1. Payment of $154.00 ($150.00 + $4.00 processing fee)
2. 2 fired cases
3. 2 sample bullets
More info can be found here, plus Lee's email address. Lee Some times a standard collet die can be used for other calibers. But the length of the case can not be different by more than .050" for the collet to work. Diameter of the case body also comes into play. Best to ask Lee by email.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the kind of money LEE wants (not to mention the questionable quality they offer), you could purchase a Newlon bushing die blank and have it reamed.
Even with the reamer rental fee and labor you'd still be money ahead AND have a known quality die

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim.... Good idea on the Lee dies. I had forgotten all about them. How does the cost run for wildcats in the collet neck line?

It's been too long ago, my info is so out of date as to be worthless but they will give you a quote on email. Wildcats aren't cheap to feed no matter where you get the dies.

Tailgunner: I wonder why you question the effective quality of the collet neck dies, got anything but opinion to base that comment on? I mean, do you have any actual resized case measurements showing poor results, or any statistically relivant data on the accuracy of some reloaded ammo, etc.? Smiler

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote