New
Find
Notify
Tools

CEB 500gr Solids load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did some load regulation yesterday using some CEB 500gr solids and H4831sc.
Fired out of my 470 Heym with 26" barrels. 105.5gr was showing 2175fps over my chrono.
Wondering if anyone else has had similar results/vel for those with 26" barrels.
Im going to have to upgrade the old chrono as its 10years+ and throwing alot of errors nowadays.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I shoot them out of my 470 Heym, however with RL15. And yes I am shooting them closer to 2200 fps where they regulate well. 24" barrels.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Please, when creating discussion, add at least caliber to the subject.

"CEB 500gr Solids" could be anything from .458 to .500

Also "470 Heym" is probably 470 Nitro Express. Or something completely different (rechambered, custom made, whatever).

No offense here of course,
Jiri

Posts: 2077 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I knew exactly what he meant. As I’m sure the vast majority of posters know as well.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
I knew exactly what he meant. As I’m sure the vast majority of posters know as well.

From the subject, right?

Posts: 2077 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I assumed we were talking about a 470 by the subject but what does that matter? He said the caliber in the post and the rifle.

Mac

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
If anybody post discussion with informative subject, for example: "Load Data .585 HE with 750gr Woodleigh wanted.", it is absolutely clear what it is all about. If you are neither interested nor you know, you can just skip it and don't have to open it.

On the other hand, if you find discussion with subject as "Looking for load data", you have two choices. Skip maybe something you are interested in or you can help with, or most likely you will find that author is asking for load data you have no experience in.

That is all about. Just please, make subjects more informative.

Jiri

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
You will be able to triple your post count in a week or two going through and commenting on just a small portion of the threads on this site that have "Uncomplete" subjects. Have Fun!

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apologize for any confusion in my post. The caliber is indeed a 470.
I will add, i have been very happy this far with the CEB solids regarding regulation.