New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankford bullet puller
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got one today, and it came with a small round rubber pad. Does this go into the base of the puller, where the bullet will strike? I assume it is to protect the bullet, but noting in the instructions about it. It looks like it will fit tightly, and allow powder to be poured back out, too.

Thanks!

F6

-----------------------------------------------------
\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \
-----------------------------------------------------

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's probably what it's for. I just put one or two foam ear plugs in the bottom of mine.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
Yes that is where it goes. I can tell you one thing, I have gone through 2 of those bullet pullers. Junk Junk, Midway did replace it for me but after the second one broke I said forget it. I bought the Dillon and have used it very hard and it holds up!

People kill people, Not guns.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second that... junk. I broke one and went to the RCBS version. Much better. If you read the reviews, I'm the one that complained about bubbles in the molding and came back later to say it broke.

Ian

A.K.A. Haywire Haywood

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Frankfort bullet puller that has pulled well over 100 bullets. Mostly 22 caliber bullets that were not crimped.
An inpact puller is kind of a pain to use, especially with light bullets that are crimped, but inexpensive.
I received 600 rounds that I wanted to pull and promptly purchased a collet puller for in my single stage press.

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote