New
Find
Notify
Tools

TBBCs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Why are they so expensive???? Years ago, before I started reloading, that was one of our GO TO bullets and they worked great. In fact I'd still use them, if thet weren't $30 per 25.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Prices go up. Heck, gas is $3 a gallon.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Mark, fwiw, the NF is every bit as good as the TBBC & a bit cheaper. Drop Mike a note & get some to try.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swift a frames will give you identical performance at a lower price...although still not a steel. I think these specialty bullets aren't cheap to make. And like everyone knows that bullet is the cheapest part of the hunt.
Too bad swift and speer don't have blems for sale factory direct like nosler does.....we reloaders are notoriously cheap buzzards and we like our deals!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
TBBCs and Northforks and A-frames are all machined bullet jackets for maximum concentricity and this along with bonding the front cores make them among the finest bullets in the world. They are also expensive.

TBBCs are over priced compared to the competition as they (TBBCs) are not better bullets while they'
re still a hell of a bullet.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote