THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Nosler partition 180 g. spitzer, and 300 Win. Mag.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler partition 180 g. spitzer, and 300 Win. Mag.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have just received my new Nosler reloading manual and I read that they don't recommend any spitzer bullet on 300 Win. since they should be seated too deep in the case; but my BAR rifle doesn't allow longer rounds (max. 3.340) and I already own 2 boxes of Partition Spitzer 180 g. Do you think it will give any problem to seat "too deep" the bullets? Thanks - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats pretty weird. I have loaded the 200 grain NP spitzers in my model 70 300 win mag and had no problems other than they did not shoot well. the ogive on the bullet was very long and the mouth of the case may overhang when seated to proper overall length in your rifle. Surely you can trade the bullets you have for 180 grain Speer hotcore spitzers which will do anything the Noslers will.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Just go ahead!

Its the typical "the .300 win mag has to short a neck"-hype! I've shot the 180 Nosler Partition Protected Point in Factory loads and 180 grains Nosler Partition and Ballistic tip handloads in my .300 win. The truth are that they'll take up a little powder room - but usually that just means the you'll get a slightly compresed load.

I'll stick to t 180 Nosler "regular" spitzer Partition next time I think that they would be the "bullet".

Regards

Mads