New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma MPR has any one used it?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have about 20 pounds or so of Norma MPR powder I pulled from 416 Weatherby loads I deloaded.I have heard it is like Reloader 22.Has any one here used this powder and how good was it?

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a great powder for 6,5*55,3006 and magnum rifles

http://www.norma.cc/htm_files/laddindexe.htm

Kimmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
dgr416,
I use MRP in my .257 Ackleys(2) with excellent results.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I found it to be identical to RL-22 in all respects from the 243 to the 378 WBY.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks ,I heard it was like reloader 22 .I am going to try it in my 338-378 and 264 and 338 win mag.I tried Norma site before and it was in Swedish I guess.I will try that web site.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't used MRP but I have used RL22 in my .270 Winchester and have found it to give the best results of any powder I've tried in this rifle. I've also found that it gives excellent results in the .30/06 with highly compressed loads (up to 61 gr.) behind 200 grain Speer bullets.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy MRP 28lbs at a time. Thats not much pouder for some guys on this forum but it will last me a year or two.

Posts: 36 | Location: prince george bc canada | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Norma MRP and Reloader 22 are both made here in Sweden by the same company at the same place on the same production line.

This isn't just my opinion:

From 'Any Shot You Want, The A-Square Handloading Manual,' page 274-275:

"For our European and African friends, who may have difficulty locating the various powders, there is an authorized substitution.

Reloader-22 is exactly the same thing as Norma-MRP.

Reloader-19 is exactly the same thing as Norma-204.

Reloader-15 is exactly the same thing as Norma-203.

These powders come from exactly the same plant and are made at exactly the same time. The powder from that plant is simply shipped to a different place and is put into a different consumer pack.

I've found the above to be correct, subject to no more variation than I often see between lots of the same brand of powder.

As always, cut back 10-15% and work back up when starting with a new lot of powder.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Is MRP-2 the same as RL25?

(edit) BTW - Graf's currently has Norma powders (except for the MRP's ) on special right now for $10.99/lb. If you buy 32# of it, they waive HazMat, which is a great deal, or, even in you only need 10# or so, even with the $20 HazMat fee, that's a better deal than buying the Alliant "Reloader" version of it.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Norma MRP and Reloader 22 are both made here in Sweden by the same company at the same place on the same production line.

This isn't just my opinion:

From 'Any Shot You Want, The A-Square Handloading Manual,' page 274-275:

"For our European and African friends, who may have difficulty locating the various powders, there is an authorized substitution.

Reloader-22 is exactly the same thing as Norma-MRP.

Reloader-19 is exactly the same thing as Norma-204.

Reloader-15 is exactly the same thing as Norma-203.

These powders come from exactly the same plant and are made at exactly the same time. The powder from that plant is simply shipped to a different place and is put into a different consumer pack.

I've found the above to be correct, subject to no more variation than I often see between lots of the same brand of powder.

As always, cut back 10-15% and work back up when starting with a new lot of powder.

jpb

Well I'll be darned.

I was a bit skeptical @ first, but I went down to the bench and checked the appearance of a few remaining grains left in an empty can of MRP to some RL22.

Appearance was identical.

As appearance has nothing to do with characteristics, I checked some load data I had recorded. Similar charge weights where whithin 31fps average, although the RL22 did have a lower SD.

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 36 | Location: prince george bc canada | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Glad to pass the info along guys. This info has helped me a lot!

R-WEST: I too immediately thought of RL-25... but I don't want to post info that I'm not certain of. I have not been able to verify the origins of this powder. (JOHAN A:, do you have a personal connection at Bofors that you could ask?)

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote