New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEAD STAMPS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a bag of 1000 .380 “range brass” as new was not available. I have sorted it by head stamp and came up with some I am not familure with. Dose anyone know who makes NNY, CBC, PPU, GFL ?
I am hoping some of our more knowledgeable people can help.
Most was WIN or RP but a total of 14 different head stamps. The fewest being the person who shot I mag (6) cor-bond.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

NNY = Prvi Partizan, Serbia (Yugoslavia)
CBC = Magtech, Brazil
GFL = Fiocchi, Italy
PPU = Prvi Partizan, Serbia (Yugoslavia)

Unless you have big lots of each headstamp it's probably best to trade the odd lots with other shooters.

There's nothing wrong with the brass, but all same lot is better.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure sorting 380 brass by headstamp is worth the time. This ain't a 6PPC...

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich

I can't say that I disagree. But, it's the 21st Century and the age of the Internet. Shooters today will do things that you and I would never had done 20 years ago. But, I don't want to discourage any shooter from doing anything, as long as it's legal and moral. Roll Eyes And I'll admit that I've done a few of those things (illegal and/or immoral) in my days. But not anymore. shame

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray
Thank you for the info. I haven’t been reloading or buying .380 or 9mm for a while and haven’t kept up on all the import brands.

Rich,
Normally I wouldn’t get excited about mixed head stamps in pocket pistols. I was loading these for a friend who wanted some .380 and couldn’t find any. He requested they all be one make. I felt lucky to find ANNEY .380 brass.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote