New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Perfect Powder Measure
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One simple question. Will this measure screw into the Lee pistol expanding dies?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quick answer---NO, it will not. It is made to use by itself off it's own stand. The stand is attached by two screws, the drop tube is not threaded in any way, so there's no threads to fit into the powder die. At least that's how mine is made and it's an older one. I don't imagine they've changed them though.
Hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
No im sorry to say that it wont fit, however there is a powder hopper called lee auto-disc powder mesure, if you buy the adjustable charger bar you will bee able to adjust .1 grain worth of charges when reloading handgun calibers.

Chris

Posts: 5 | Location: Solna Sweden | Registered: 08 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, can you tell me the diameter where the measure goes through the stand?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The PPM sn't made to fit in the powder die, but it fits. I use the Lee "Powder Through Expander" die and I mount my PPM in it. You'll have to remove the drop tube and push the threaded body into the top of the die.

The same goes for the rifle powder dies. They work, even if they weren't designed to.

Posts: 24 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote