New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Winchester Super Short Magnums
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone heard about the new WSSM's in .223 and .243 for 2003? The .223 is reputed to be 200fps faster than the 22-250. Talk about a barrel burner! Don't know the overall case dimesions other than the OAL is 2.36 inches but guessing they otherwise match the longer standard WSM's. Should be interesting cases to work with anyhow.

Posts: 41 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
For my $ I would rather see Winchester invest in more quality control than in developing new cartridges! Just my $0.02 worth.
[Roll Eyes]
Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep that puts that 223 WSSM right up there with the 220 Swift for velocity. [Big Grin]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Think my next rifle is waiting for one!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Spokane WA | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
If the M70 in .243 WSSM has a short, light barrel I will buy one for a walking rifle. I will make up reduced loads with imr #4759 and varmint bullets for offhand shots at pests and I might carry it as a deer rifle too.

I like the Stainless Classic M70 that I just got in 7mm WSM. It had some stock problems that required work that not everyone would do but I am confident that I can get them too shoot.

www.shortmags.org

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote