Notify
Tools

.17 Rem FB Flash Hole Diameter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted
Hi Guys,

I have found all of the dimensional specs on the .17 Rem Fireball, with the exception of the flash hole diameter. Is it .062" or .080"?

Thanks again,

Boom

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I am under the impression that flashhole sizes are uniform across calibers, depending on whether they are for small primers or large.

However, a quick internet check shows that the size may vary between brass manufacturers by .02".

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Sinclair International News Letter ..............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most commercial cartridge manufacturers specify a 0.082" flash hole diameter. There are an increasing number of manufacturers using a 0.058" to 0.062" flash hole on some of the target cases such as the PPC, 6BR, and 223 Remington. If you are checking the .082" flash holes, use a #45 wire size drill bit as a gage.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote